Thinking of getting the M01 and would like some help deciding

Never really thought of using a track ball but with what im hearing it might be worth looking into, Thanks

Personally I have to say the space constraint is not ideal but manageable with a single monitor setup (only 1080p resolution and the mouse is set to it’s highest DPI setting so needs very little movement). What I find more uncomfortable is the position in which I have to grip the mouse itself. But overall still better then having the mouse on the outer side of my keyboard half.

I guess with your trackball you don’t have to grip anything but can just slide your hand over the ball with either hand and then press the buttons?

Pretty much, yes. I placed the trackball on a small stand, so I don’t even have to slide my hand down, just towards the middle.

1 Like

I was at the same point a few weeks ago. Then I stopped looking if there is something “even better” out there, listened to my feelings and ordered a Model 01.
The first few days typing on a splitt keyboard didn’t feel as strange as I expected it to be.
The biggest adjustment in my case was because I switched to the NEO2 layout but after 10 days that ain’t a problem anymore.
Even if I’m useing it only since 2 weeks, I can’t imagine for a keyboard to feel more comfortable than the Model 01.
I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD :slight_smile:

1 Like