I use a Mac laptop, with a Japanese keyboard, so I’m not only getting used to US key positioning on the Model 01, but also just the general difference of having thumb keys. On Japanese 'boards, we have colon as shift semicolon, " as shift 2, @ as its own key, and so on.
I tried using Chrysalis to configure, but it’s mid-development, and in the end I just decided to give compiling a go over the weekend. Thanks for the good info in the github and this forum.
The below graphic was generated here.
Here are a few points to make about this layout:
- esc moved to upper left prog key, and put left option where esc was
- tab and backtick keys swapped
- swapped shift and ctrl thumb keys because I was having too much trouble finding shift
- added macro to turn off led effect and assigned to fn-led
- added macro to toggle language IME between English and Japanese
- added a bunch of typically used cmd-?? keys to left function, to make it easier to reach them (for me)
Hope it helps someone.
EDIT: when I have an update I’ll post again below.