Custom LED modes that draw too much power can cause the right side of the keyboard to temporarily stop working

Sorry, missed this… yes, M01 worked with default firmware, its wasn’t until I started messing with custom LED modes that caused the issues. I blame missing these parts on my brain not working in the evenings, especially after I’m fat and happy on fried chicken.

It’s all fine. I’m still feeling my way through the right debugging questions :wink:

Sorry to necro the thread, but figured it’s better than a duplicate.

Is there any way to stop the LED cycling from disallowing whatever it is that makes the right half turn off?

I love having the rainbow wave color as my permanent color choice, but sometimes I accidentally press the LED button and have to cycle though to the beginning of the colors to get rainbow again.

Or I try to, but past like 6 color changes, the right half turns off and doesn’t even register key presses. I’d rather not wear out the USB in the kb, nor have to unplug/replug everytime I fat finger the LED key.

Is there a solution I’m unaware of?

It would be possible to write some code that monitors the soft fuse that kills power to the right side. However, if you’re running the stock firmware, we absolutely shouldn’t be drawing so much power that the fuse trips. Is this stock firmware or custom firmware? Is your host OS something that limits power aggressively like iOS?

One option, of course, would be just to compile a custom firmware with only LEDs off and Rainbow LEDs.

FWIW I moved the LED key to the function layer. Should be doable with Chrysalis and not require building a custom firmware, and at least for me it’s eliminated fat-finger issues.