Error 1 Firmware install problem

Hi:

I’m trying to install the firmware. I get as far as:

make flash

in the instructions, and get:

Yikes. ModemManager wants to pwn your keyboard at /home/bb/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Kaleidoscope/bin/find-device-port-linux-udev line 25.
Yikes. ModemManager wants to pwn your keyboard at /home/bb/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Kaleidoscope/bin/find-device-port-linux-udev line 25.
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “/dev/ttyACM0”: Device or resource busy
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “/dev/ttyACM0”: Device or resource busy
/home/bb/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/build-tools/makefiles//rules.mk:72: recipe for target ‘flash’ failed
make: *** [flash] Error 1

Can anyone tell me what Error 1 is so I can figure what is happening?

Thanks for any help!

Search the forums for ModemManager, I’m pretty sure this is a known thing and has a known solution.

1 Like

Here’s the initial reports of the problem: Trouble flashing the Model 01 from Ubuntu and Problems getting started reflashing model 01 on Arch Linux

And here’s the solution: Flashing problem on Ubuntu (SOLVED)

Thanks for the suggestions. So far, the replies sound related to my problem, but they don’t fix things for me. I’m also getting different error messages.

Anyone know what an Error 1 message means?

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you couldn’t edit an *.ino file manually? After making a backup, of course. The model 01’s is well-commented.

No, there’s no reason you can’t edit the sketch file (*.ino) manually; plenty of us do it all the time.

1 Like