This setup is to fix my botched solder job on my Model 01.
When we started working from home, it became obvious that my keyboard’s clicking was too obtrusive to my wife. She works 3 feet behind me. I ordered more online.
Replacing the left half went fine. I removed the existing solder easy enough. But I got cocky and turned up the heat for the right side.
The temperature melted the metal that connects to key caps. The result was that one of the rows of keys was unresponsive. That’s when I turned it over and looked at the places where the solder job was seemed off.
So now these little guys are going to replace the little metal sleeves.
They are M1.5*2.5 and they are too big. Thats why I brought the dremel
I’m going to widen the hole on the PCB by hand.
The prongs on the keycaps don’t fit in the replacement sleeves. so I am widening them with the Dremel.
I’ve watch a youtube video and I feel confident I can do a trace repair.
That’s what I’m doing now.