Help macros not working anymore chrysalis vs arduino flashing

Hello!

I’ve been using my keyboardio model 01 daily, and I love it.

Lately I wanted to flash the firmware to test the “new” led layout editor… when I flashed it all my macros that I made through Arduino IDE do not work anymore.

This is my layout.

And this is the last arduino file I have saved back when I created the macros and used to work.

All the highlighted keys do not work anymore, even the keycode that I had to pop the calculator.

enum { MACRO_VERSION_INFO,
   MACRO_ANY,
   MACRO_NEWT,
   MACRO_CLOSET,
   MACRO_REOPENT,
   MACRO_PREVT,
   MACRO_NEXTT,
   MACRO_ALTTAB
 };

const macro_t *macroAction(uint8_t macroIndex, uint8_t keyState) {
switch (macroIndex) {

case MACRO_VERSION_INFO:
  versionInfoMacro(keyState);
  break;

case MACRO_ANY:
  anyKeyMacro(keyState);
  break;

case MACRO_NEWT:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftControl),  T(T),  U(LeftControl) );
  break;

case MACRO_CLOSET:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftControl),  T(W),  U(LeftControl) );
  break;

case MACRO_REOPENT:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftControl), D(LeftShift), T(T), U(LeftShift), U(LeftControl) );
  break;

case MACRO_PREVT:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftControl), D(LeftShift), T(Tab), U(LeftShift), U(LeftControl) );
  break;

case MACRO_NEXTT:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftControl),  T(Tab),  U(LeftControl) );
  break;

case MACRO_ALTTAB:
  return MACRODOWN(D(LeftAlt),  T(Tab),  U(LeftAlt) );
  break;

}

return MACRO_NONE;
}

[FUNCTION] = KEYMAP_STACKED
(___, Key_F1, Key_F2, Key_F3, Key_F4, Key_F5, Key_CapsLock,
Key_Tab, ___, Key_mouseUp, ___, Key_mouseBtnR, Key_mouseWarpEnd, Key_mouseWarpNE,
Key_Home, Key_mouseL, Key_mouseDn, Key_mouseR, Key_mouseBtnL, Key_mouseWarpNW,
Key_End, M(MACRO_NEWT), M(MACRO_CLOSET), M(MACRO_REOPENT), M(MACRO_NEXTT), M(MACRO_PREVT), Key_mouseWarpSE,
___, Key_Delete, ___, ___,
___,

I do remember tweaking some more stuff on the chrysalis, like the default layer, not sure if that can be related.

I think I used to make it work by first flashing from arduino so I had the macros, and then from chrysalis to tweak the layout more easily (but I’m talking from memory so I could be wrong)

Do you guys see what could be the issue? How can I make my macros work again while keeping the led layout?

Anyhow… is there an easier way to modify macros through chrysalis instead of having to go into arduino IDE?

Hello,

where u able to overcome this? very interested in the solution :smile:

cheers

It seems that your macros are just key combinations ?
Does using Key + modifier simpler ?

• MACRO_NEWT → t + Control modifier
  • MACRO_CLOSET → w + Control modifier
  • MACRO_REOPENT → t + Control and Shift modifier
  • MACRO_PREVT → Tab + Control and Shift modifier
  • MACRO_NEXTT → Tab + Control modifier
  • MACRO_ALTTAB → Tab + Alt modifier
1 Like

An other thing to remind is that Chrysalis use EEPROM to store the keymap, and Kaleidoscope don’t, so if you have defined something with Chrysalis, than flash a new firmware with Kaleidoscope, the mapping from Kaleidoscope will not be used unless you reset the eeprom (make sure to export your setting before, just in case !).

1 Like

Is your version of Kaleidoscope up to date? There was a window a few months ago where Kaleidoscope-Ranges.h in the master branch had a change that affected Macros key values, causing Macros keys defined in Chrysalis to become non-functional. It may have affected other plugins, too. That change was subsequently reverted. An up-to-date Kaleidoscope master firmware should not have that problem.

Working now. Thanks!!