I seem to have an annoying problem with Ctrl and Shift modifier keys when used together in editor shortcuts.
I use a few multi-stroke shortcuts, mainly in Intellij Idea, for example
Ctrl+Shift+T, Ctrl+Shift+R. I execute that the following way:
- Press and hold RightCtrl and RightShift
- Press and release T
- Press and release R
- Release RightCtrl and RightShift
This often results in Ctrl and/or Shift to get stuck, as in my computer interpreting them as still being held down. If I continue typing it won’t do what I would expect it to do. To fix this I mash RightCtrl and RightShift a bit and then it’s fine. Needless to say this is frustrating.
Investigating the issue a bit, this is what I have so far:
- This hasn’t happened using any other keyboard
- It doesn’t happen if I use the modifier keys separately, like
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Vor holding down Shift to type uppercase text
- I first thought it was a problem with SpaceCadet but since then I disabled it in my layout and it’s still happening as of https://github.com/imrekoszo/Model01-Firmware/tree/988814beab3b3c2f022e182deb4636cf8e5c3559
- my layout doesn’t do anything funky, I basically just removed mouse keys and moved a few others around. The most relevant change is that I swapped
Ctrlon the left and
Ctrlon the right so I can press
Ctrl+Shiftusing only one thumb
Any help would be appreciated.