How long will the LEDs last?

I’ve used the same IBM Model M (buckling spring) keyboard for nearly that entire timespan…

2 Likes

You planning on going to a Keyboardio after using an M that long?

I have a friend here at work that uses an M, and I’ve heard good things. Not sure how old his is, but its cream case has faded to dingy yellow. But Ms are out of the question as traditional square keyboard layouts put my wrists at an angle that trigger my RSI. Split layouts are part of the magic sauce that lets me keep working.

Well, for one thing, that keyboard uses a PS/2 connector, which requires a bulky adapter in order to plug into a USB port, which makes it impossible to use it with some machines. Also, it’s very large, and has a staggered layout which drives me crazy whenever I type things on the number row. Most important, it’s not at all programmable, and I want to do all sorts of wacky things with my keyboard now.

3 Likes

Jesse, what news on the schematics? I am looking for the Model 01-Q schematics, right-hand PCB dated 2017-02-14 in the silkscreen. The only thing I could find was the left hand here. Thanks!

Chris

Edit Several jumpers and a 30-year-old 1N4148 later, I am back in business :slight_smile: . However, I would still greatly appreciate the full schematics. Thank you!