How to build Atreus firmware?

Hello, I am trying to build the atreus firmware from https://github.com/keyboardio/Kaleidoscope:

cd ./avr/libraries/Kaleidoscope
make

and I get the following error
“Error resolving FQBN: board keyboardio:avr@1.96.0:keyboardio_atreus not found”

Any ideas how to proceed?

You need to have the hardware bundle available to Arduino. As far as I remember, the latest release should do, so following the setup instructions should do the trick.

1 Like

Thanks, I was trying to do it with make, but now I followed the arduino instructions. Its not clear to me which firmware I should be using but after trying the one here: https://github.com/keyboardio/Chrysalis-Firmware-Bundle/blob/master/Keyboardio/Atreus/default/Atreus.ino I get the error

Kaleidoscope:100:1: error: macro "PER_KEY_DATA_STACKED" passed 45 arguments, but takes just 43
 )
 ^
Kaleidoscope:100:1: error: macro "PER_KEY_DATA_STACKED" passed 45 arguments, but takes just 43
exit status 1
macro "PER_KEY_DATA_STACKED" passed 45 arguments, but takes just 43

When trying examples/kaleidoscope/basic I get

Basic:40:1: error: macro "PER_KEY_DATA_STACKED" passed 65 arguments, but takes just 43
 )
 ^
exit status 1
macro "PER_KEY_DATA_STACKED" passed 65 arguments, but takes just 43

So ya not sure what I am doing wrong but it feels like some dependency is out of date or something. For context I also cannot build model01 firmware with a similar error, which I had previously done successfully about one year ago.

Hmmm I just realized the original atreus only had 43 keys, the new one has 45. Changed the board and now onto a new error about MoveToLayer not being defined. Removing those references makes it compile now.

I uploaded the new firmware and now the atreus is not working :open_mouth:

Going back to chrysalis to flash the default firmware is unfortunately not working either.

Any ideas how I can recover from this state?

whew!! I am back. After 6 or 7 tries via chrysalis, resetting EEPROM, opening dev tools, and every which combo I could think of my keyboard is flashed back to 0.7.7 and woking!

Not sure how but gonna give it a break for now and maybe revisit this project next week.

FWIW the thing I wanted custom firmware for was to enable some custom Qukeys

If you come up to Kaleidoscope 1.9.8 in the Arduino boards manager, you should be set. 1.9.6 didn’t yet have support.

1 Like