Key has no member setKeyCode

Hi,

I’m trying to compile the stock firmware. As far as I’m aware, I’m using the latest revision. When doing make flash I get this error:

/Model01-Firmware.ino:308:13: error: 'Key {aka union kaleidoscope::Key}' has no member named 'setKeyCode'
     lastKey.setKeyCode(Key_A.getKeyCode() + (uint8_t)(millis() % 36));
             ^~~~~~~~~~
/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:308:30: error: 'Key {aka union kaleidoscope::Key}' has no member named 'getKeyCode'
     lastKey.setKeyCode(Key_A.getKeyCode() + (uint8_t)(millis() % 36));

My google-fu didn’t help me. The Model01-Firmware.ino comes from Github.

The firmware is made up from two main parts, the Model01-Firmware repo, which we call the sketch, and Kaleidoscope, the firmware library the sketch builds upon. The vast majority of development happens in Kaleidoscope. In this case, your Model01-Firmware has been updated to a version that requires a newer Kaleidoscope too.

If you installed Kaleidoscope via the Arduino IDE, then there’s three ways to fix the issue:

1. Roll back Model01-Firmware to a version that does not require the new Kaleidoscope yet. You can do this with git checkout -b key-union 4299824b114a001fd74ae790669ff0d39563d62d. If you later want to update to the latest again, then git checkout master && git pull will do the trick.
  2. Remove the bundle you installed via the Arduino IDE, and install directly with git. See the README in the Kaleidoscope repo for steps how to do that.
  3. Wait until @jesse releases a new version of the bundle, and update it via the Arduino IDE.

Hope this helps!

1 Like