Help building latest firmware

Greetings,

I have built the Model 01 firmware from a git checkout a number of times in the past but something has changed in the past 6 months or so and I’m not sure how to fix it.

I’ve tried both building via the Arduino IDE and via the CLI on my Mac (macOS 10.15.4) and I get similar error messages each time. Below are only the errors, there are many many more warnings.

/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino: In function 'void anyKeyMacro(uint8_t)':
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:308:13: error: 'Key {aka union kaleidoscope::Key}' has no member named 'setKeyCode'
     lastKey.setKeyCode(Key_A.getKeyCode() + (uint8_t)(millis() % 36));
             ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:308:30: error: 'Key {aka union kaleidoscope::Key}' has no member named 'getKeyCode'
     lastKey.setKeyCode(Key_A.getKeyCode() + (uint8_t)(millis() % 36));
                              ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:313:18: error: 'class kaleidoscope::Kaleidoscope_' has no member named 'hid'
     Kaleidoscope.hid().keyboard().pressKey(lastKey, toggledOn);
                  ^~~
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino: In function 'void toggleLedsOnSuspendResume(kaleidoscope::plugin::HostPowerManagement::Event)':
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:364:16: error: 'class kaleidoscope::plugin::LEDControl' has no member named 'disable'
     LEDControl.disable();
                ^~~~~~~
/Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware.ino:367:16: error: 'class kaleidoscope::plugin::LEDControl' has no member named 'enable'
     LEDControl.enable();
                ^~~~~~

What am I missing here? git status in the directory with the Model01-Firmware.ino is

git status
HEAD detached at 03bee4b

and in /Users/cro/Documents/Arduino/hardware/keyboardio, git status says

On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Thanks in advance!

–cro

It looks like your Model01-Firmware is current, but the other repos need to be updated. If you run make checkout-submodules from the “keyboardio” folder it’s should take care of updating those repos.