MacOS - initial setup (keyboard setup assistant)

My model 01 has just arrived (cue much excitement) — but on initial plugin to MacOS the Keyboard Setup Assistant pops up saying the keyboard cannot be identified and to press the key to the right of Shift on the LH side of the keyboard.

Trouble is, there is no key to the right of Shift. Any idea which key should be pressed here, since the layout is a bit non-conventional to regular keyboards?

2 Likes

I think I just pressed “Z”; any case macOS said it didn’t recognize the keyboard but worked fine.

1 Like

‘Z’ then ‘/’ are the keys you need to press to be recognized as an ANSI 101/102-key keyboard.

2 Likes

Apple have, unfortunately, told us (and many others) that our strange keyboard layout isn’t their problem and that they won’t fix the Keyboard Setup Assistant. There isn’t really any way to work around it, either.

1 Like

There is an entry in the wiki about this:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the prompt, and helpful, assistance — much appreciated, and now up & running :slight_smile:

It sounds like you already got it taken care of but you can also just close the setup assistant and it should continue to work. :slight_smile:

1 Like