What mouse or pointer device?

What mouse or other pointer device do you use next to your (ergonomic) keyboard or Model 100?

I’m currently switching between de MX Vertical en MX Master 3. But when working on my iPad Pro I rather use the Magic Trackpad because the iPad is terrible when it comes to pointer devices other then your finger or trackpad.

I also tried the Logitech Lift, but that one was too small for my hands. My pinky felt somewhat ‘oppressed’ between my ringfinger and the table.

1 Like

Ploopy is my go to now.

1 Like

I’m reasonably with my Kensington Orbit (with a scroll ring). Tried a Ploopy too, it was okay, but a bit rough around the edges, and I didn’t like neither its buttons, nor its scroll wheel.

I’m sitting here fingers crossed that Keyboardio will make a trackball, and it will be suitable for me, too.

1 Like

I use an Elecom Deft Pro trackball (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C9T4TTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) .

It works great at home, but there is a downside at work: I cannot install the software that lets you customize the buttons at work. I’m considering changing the layout for the buttons to the default because of that, but I have not done it yet. The downside is that 3 of the 8 buttons are not assigned if you do not use the software. There are also gestures you can assign for different actions (you need to use a button to start gesture mode). So, you could assign a key to start gesture, then move the cursor making an 8, and have it start a program or some other action. Interesting, but I do not use it even at home.

So far, I’ve got something like 3 1/2 years, without any problems. I use it wired, but you can use wireless with the dongle on the bottom of it, or bluetooth as well. Wired mode means I do not have to worry about batteries running out of juice. This is my option for replacing my last Logitech trackball.

1 Like

I love my MX Master 2. I tried the 3 but it hurt my hand - the 2 is perfect.

I programmed the side mouse buttons to be cut/copy/paste which is really great. I love being able to cut and paste with just the mouse.

I picked up a Sanwa Gravi recently to specifically pair with Model 100 for situations when there’s no space for a regular mouse: https://www.amazon.com/SANWA-GMAWBTTB138/dp/B09Q8D6XL9?ref_=ast_sto_dp

So far I’m pretty happy with it. Granted it’s the first trackball I seriously used so there’s really not much of a sample size to speak of.