I’m yet to try a keyboardio (backing the model 100 though), but was interested if anyone has tried the dactyl (either the manuform or original), and has any thoughts.
The things I’m guessing I might miss when moving to the keyboardio.
- Non-flat key wells (that fit the hand fairly well).
- Lower row of keys that don’t exist on the keyboardio (although I can probably get used to this).
- Built in soft wrist rests (not part of all dactyls - but mine has these and I quite like them).
For balance I’m expecting to prefer:
- Custom ergonomic sculpted keycaps.
- Palm keys (for layer switching).
- Simpler thumb cluster.
Has anyone who has tried both formed opinions on the difference?