Has any one compared the ergodash and the M01?

Hello all,

I’m recently realizing that I am definitely in need of a split ergonomic keyboard. I can no longer buy an M01 outright (maybe I can track down a used one), and I don’t know when the M100 will be available. I was thinking I could purchase an ergodash to tide me over, but I’m unsure of how comparable it and the Keyboardio M-series are. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

a lot of model 01s come up for sale on this forum :slight_smile:
I love my model 01, and I think the palm button is a game changer. My brother has the Ergodox, and it’s also well-designed, but the tenting on it is kind of a pain. It sounds like you need something right now, and if that’s the case, I’d suggest getting a Kinesis Freestyle to hold you over until you get one of them. You can find one for like 90 USD.

Edit: the Freestyle really needs the VIP kit, that adds tenting and a palm rest, so more like 120 USD.

Thanks! The Kinesis seems like a decent hold over for now.

1 Like

I actually have both the membrane keys and the mechanical keys in my electronics graveyard, working, if you want to try one or both. I don’t know a safe way to let a stranger borrow them, but if you have suggestions I’m open to them.

That’s very kind of you to offer, but it would probably be a pain to ship back and forth for a brief trial. I’ll just buy a cheapo one to tide me over for the M100.

1 Like