Considering the new Atreus

Finally found some information on the new Atreus keyboard, apparently I need to start following twitter, Also I noticed nobody is discussing it on the community.

Currently I am the proud owner of a Model 01, which I use at work, which I like a lot and I would like something similar for at home. Since I am way out in Europe however I would like a cheaper option than the Model01, the shipping and taxes for getting it to the Netherlands make it from a great deal in to an expensive hobby.

I have been looking at different keyboards hoping to find something at a more attractive price point and am currently considering 3d printing a Dactyl Manuform, something like a Kyria or the Atreus by Keyboard.Io. Making my own might be cheaper, but buying premium switches, controllers and keycaps this might still be around $ 130,- and I’d prefer something that’s guaranteed to work and I can get support on.

Looking at the layout of the Atreus I don’t think I am going to be a big fan of the thumbcluster. The Model01 is my first ergomech and I choose this particular model because of the single row thumbcluster where most keyboards like the ergodox have multiple rows which seems awkward to reach for with my thumb. On the other hand it does run Kaleidoscope and QMK so everything can be remapped with Kaleidoscope seeming to be the more accessible option for new users. In the end I think it will come down to the price and shipping costs.

At the moment I would like to see some of the specifications on the keyboard and some more information on the accessories would be nice (, if you’re asking me how much I want to put down for a palmrest and a bag I would like to have an idea as to what I am getting :wink:).

Also since for me the price and shipping costs is a huge factor in deciding if I want to get an Atreus it would be nice to know if there is a certain price point your aiming for? And the weight of the palmrest since it needs to be shipped. (I don’t mind spending a lot of money on keyboard, but Having to pay about a third of the price for shipping and tax would be a deal breaker for me.)