Benefits, costs of switching to M01

oh, man, I had not looked at SpaceCadet before now. That looks … remarkably handy.

There’s also Qukeys, which has a superset of SpaceCadet’s functionality, and is suitable for use with home-row (alternate) modifier keys (in addition to letter keys).

1 Like

For anyone who comes late to this thread, thinking about buying an M01. It has taken me about 2 weeks to stop feeling frustrated with it. I’m still not as fast as with my old keyboard, but it is workable enough for me to keep using it and steadily improve. My main issues are some specific keys where I had picked up bad habits like the letter “c”. There are also some keys I still have to look for rather than touch typing. Very happy I pushed through the first stage.

3 Likes

@bagels Can you share some of those customizations you made for IntelliJ? I just picked up my M01, and after a week I am still struggling a lot with all the key combinations in IJ. Particularly, with some of the ctrl-FXX or ctrl-alt-FXX hotkeys as it takes a little more contorting the hand to get all the modifiers pressed.

Any tips, recommendations and sharing would be super helpful.

Thanks,

Eric