Do you want a travel case for your Model 01?

A velvet-lined instrument case would be perfect for such a beautiful instrument. In fact I think I’m going to try to build one myself since most people here seem to want something cheaper.

2 Likes

I need one of these. When I pass away in a few decades, I want to pass on my Model01 in its proper case - as described above - to my children. Because that’s how I imagine a family heirloom should be passed on.

5 Likes

+1, I would really appriciate a carry case. I don’t use the stands but would throw money at a model 01 case in a heartbeat.

We got some photos back from the case factory last night.

This is the work-in-progress prototype. If things go well, we may offer it for sale later this year.

24 Likes

love it love it love it

+love for the prototype.

I am interested as I am carrying mine back and forward on Monday/Friday.

I am trying to convince myself I need a 2nd Ki/o01 for home, I am trying to resist and wait for an 02. I hope to have one without the wood enclosure as the design is a little too showy for work.

1 Like

Well, I just ordered a second keyboard so I wouldn’t have to transport and risk damaging it, so don’t need one now.

Any updates on the travel case? I am still quite interested.

We’ve gotten a second sample and requested a few more changes. But we’re getting close.

5 Likes

I found an old crumpler hymm book case for a 17" laptop which is working quite well!

I cant fit the tenting kit in so I have abandoned my plan to start them for the time being.

IMG_0283 IMG_0281

1 Like

I’ve travelled with my keyboard for the first time this week. I’ve found out that a bag would be very handy indeed. I’d also use it as a dust cover as well at other times.

Two more teaser pics from our case vendor. The “final” sample should be here on Monday.

17 Likes

step 1: addict customer to properly designed keyboard
step 2: sell them a carrying case because they are spoiled and won’t use a traditional keyboard

joking aside, I’m very into this and can’t wait for it to go on sale.

Status update: we’ve got a golden sample and pricing. We’re checking on shipping logistics now. Current guess at ETA is ‘before black friday’

9 Likes

Would we be able to buy directly from the web page or is there a preorder?

There will be a preorder. Likely a mini-kickstarter. We’ve started the prep for it.

2 Likes

Is the Kickstarter ready for public consumption? Any updates on cost and ship dates?

Thanks.

It isn’t yet. Rest assured that we’ll tell you as soon as we’re ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

The wait is…almost over.

We haven’t uploaded the video yet, but the campaign goes live tomorrow morning.

If you want to get a sneak peek at the travel case (or to help us proofread), you can find the Kickstarter campaign preview page here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keyboardio/1025539803?ref=b57a84&token=ee374500

4 Likes

Can’t wait to back it! One question though, it looks like the case doesn’t fit the octopus stands – is that accurate?