Is Model 01 Carry Case available for purchase now?

I have a Model 01 I bought a few years ago. Previously I was not planning on taking it with me while travelling but now looks like I might have the need. Hence I am thinking of getting a carry case. However, I don’t see the product separately listed at https://shop.keyboard.io/… Is it available now or not?

Thanks!

Not currently. The Model 100 case will fit the Model 01, so effectively it will come back.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is the obsession with that carry case? The Model 01 fits in a laptop sleeve just fine, which you can put in a backpack without taking up more room than if you put a laptop in. I’m mentioning the laptop sleeve because it has been suggested here multiple times since the first Model 01 keyboards have been shipped, which is where I got the idea.

Compared to that, the official carry case looks so bulky it probably wouldn’t even fit in a backpack from the looks of it. It’s not just that, carrying your keyboard separately like a brief case seems ridiculously wasteful to me.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I prefer hard shell cases for my electronics as it protects things better. (And even if it doesn’t, it gives me better piece of mind.) My backpack is a bottomless pit of stuff. The hard shell, while perhaps taking more room, better protects the keyboard when I’m in a hurry and throw a massive power brick in on top of my keyboard. In a soft sleeve, that may damage the keyboard. Even if not, the power brick pressing down some keys for a week or two straight (say when I’m on vacation) can’t be good for the springs.

At the same time, if I have my small backpack (which neither the sleeve or the hard case would fit into), it’s easier to separately carry the hard case, and again, provides better protection (in my humble opinion). And there might be times all I’m carrying is my keyboard (no laptop etc.)

2 Likes