Linear A Keycaps for the Atreus Arrived and Assembled!

They arrived yesterday and I couldn’t wait to get started. First thing I really appreciate is the lack of additional plastic or cardboard packaging on the box.

I immediately put everything I was doing on hold to see what’s inside, and wow that’s a lot more than I thought I needed for my Atreus.

Had a lot of fun figuring out a theme for the layout I wanted, with the exception of the two keys with the guide bumps.

And the finished keyboard!

Something else I just realised because of the randomness of the Linear A keycaps available. If we ever meet in public after the end of this plague, we can pretty much identify each other via our own Linear A layouts, similar to that of identifying whales by the shape and markings on their tails!

The keys feel excellent, and I am once more looking forward to using these in front of people some day in the future for that instant geek cred. Thanks to the Keyboardio team for making this happen!

5 Likes

Pretty awesome, those keys are badass. I hope we get a hieroglyphs set one day - I’d actually like some symbols that are as far removed from the latin alphabet as possible. Easier to map mentally to a non-qwerty layout, especially on a keyboard where you can’t move the keys such as the model 01 and 100.

Does anyone know if the plastic and the texture feel of the Linear A set is the same or close to the original with legends or the original blanks set? I cannot really tell from the photos=)

I am only asking because there is a tiny, but noticeable difference between the original legends and blanks set, and I am curious if some blank keys would stick out from the Linear A set (in terms of the plastic).

It didn’t seem to stick out. At least for my case, I used the blank keys for alignment for how they should look. At first they seem to be a bit taller, but I then realised the new keycaps just needed to be pushed a bit harder during installing and they were flush.

After I got the hang of it, I popped them all off and installed the Linear A keycaps. Only difference is I can feel the printing but otherwise, it was a totally perfect substitution.

1 Like