Make flash command suddenly freezes

One moment, I was flashing the firmware without problems. Five minutes later after I made another change to the layout, the command “make flash” started hanging at the prompt “Press ENTER when ready…”

I tried a saved *.ino file, and had the same problem. I deleted and reinstalled Arduino and Keyboardio support, and the problem persisted. Does anyone have any idea how I can recover and continue flashing? Is there a reset button on the hardware?I suspect there’s something very simple involved, but I have no idea what.

I don’t know what’s going on that would cause that, but I can answer one question for you because a week ago I too was looking for the reset button.

To reset the keyboard: unplug it, then press and hold the Prog key and plug the keyboard in while still holding the Prog key. Then you can let go of the Prog key. You’ll probably see that key glow red for a few moments.

1 Like

Thanks – a reset was what I needed. It’s good to know there’s a safeguard against my own accidents and stupidities.

There’s also a reset button on the lefthand PCB that does the same thing.

2 Likes