Model 100 firmware update to fix corruption issues

So sorry about that. What OS and OS version are you on? Is this the latest released version of Chrysalis or the latest development snapshot?

no worries, @jesse. i have 0.12.0 of Chrysalis installed and this is my OS version:
LSB Version: :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch
Distributor ID: Fedora
Description: Fedora release 36 (Thirty Six)
Release: 36
Codename: ThirtySix

I’ve just built out a Fedora 36 box and confirmed that…it’s completely broken. The serialport library we’re relying on…isn’t doing what it’s supposed to be doing for me.

From the command line, what does this command get you?

npx @serialport/list -f jsonline

thanks a lot for looking into this, @jesse :pray:

i get the following output:

{"path":"/dev/ttyACM0","vendorId":"8086","productId":"51ed"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS4","vendorId":"8086","productId":"51e3"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS0"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS1"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS10"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS11"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS12"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS13"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS14"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS15"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS16"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS17"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS18"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS19"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS2"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS20"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS21"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS22"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS23"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS24"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS25"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS26"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS27"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS28"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS29"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS3"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS30"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS31"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS5"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS6"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS7"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS8"}
{"path":"/dev/ttyS9"}

I’ve just verified that this appears to be a Fedora 36 specific issue in node-serialport, the library we depend on for serial communications with the keyboard… With the same hardware, everything appears to work ok on 37.

I’m going to file a bug with upstream, but I don’t know what their timeline will be for getting it sorted out.

1 Like

brilliant, @jesse. this was the nudge i needed to upgrade to 37. everything works like a charm. thank you so much! :blush:

I’m happy it’s working for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you,
holding down the PROG button when plugging in the keyboard allowed me to update the firmware on my newly arrived model 100

It’s a year and a half later. I’ve not upgraded the Model100 firmware, being lazy, and now that I try to, it fails. No version of Chrysalis (from 0.11.5 onward to 0.13.2 or the snapshot for 0.13.3 available today) manages to update the firmware.

If I follow the instructions (disconnect USB, press down Prog, connect USB) Chrysalis fails when trying to update the firmware. 0.11.5 shows a window with only white, no text, and doesn’t do anything else in the 15 minutes I wait. 0.12.0 and 0.13.2 pretty much instantly fail.

The keyboard works fine and I have little need to make any configuration, but I’m reporting this in case it’s helpful.