Model 100 Mac-QWERTY keycap legends

There’s a bit of me that thinks they are retro keyboard symbols by having them on their own, as most of the newer Apple keyboards have the key written out in textual form too.

Is the prog Key able to be programmed to be the esc key?

Yes, you can program it to be any key you want, and it will not interfere (much) with the flashing process. The only thing to keep in mind is that you should probably not assign any functionality to it that’ll cause problems if it is held during flashing.

For example, I used to have it mapped to F11, but holding F11 made my operating system freak out and scream at me.

1 Like

Hi. I ordered the Model 100 and am waiting with bait on my breath… no, no, no… with baited breath for its arrival. It looks beautiful. I got the 01 early and also have an Atreus. I like what you guys are doing and the split keyboard helps my hands wonderfully. I love my Keyboard.io!

My question is: how do I get the Mac keyboard set for my order? I did not see that option on Indiegogo when I ordered the new keyboard. I had to buy an extra set of keycaps to get extra ‘cmd’ and ‘space’ key legends. The ‘opt’ key still sports the ‘alt’ key legend. After a decade developing DOS and early Windows C code, It felt like us Mac users were being dissed.

Can you, please and thank you, make sure I get the Mac keycap set? BTW I also would like to see the Mac set spell out its special key legends, as in… ‘cmd’ and ‘opt’.

Finally, I assume that the model 01 keycaps will not fit the model 100 because you are using different mechanical keys AND there was a fire sale on 01 keycaps. Right?

Can you, please and thank you, make sure I get the Mac keycap set? BTW I also would like to see the Mac set spell out its special key legends, as in… ‘cmd’ and ‘opt’.

The mac-style symbolic keycaps don’t have text, just big, pretty graphical legends.

If you didn’t order them when filling out the backer survey on shop.keyboard.io, drop us a note to help@keyboard.io with your order # and we can add them and have Shopify send you an invoice.

Finally, I assume that the model 01 keycaps will not fit the model 100 because you are using different mechanical keys AND there was a fire sale on 01 keycaps. Right?

They do not. The MX and ALPS keyswitches use completely different stem mounts.