Model 100 Programming Problem - Upload port not detected

I installed Chrysalis and wasn’t satisfied with it so I decided to build an Arduino sketch instead. I got through the installation of Kaleidoscope apparently successfully, but when I went to type, the key assignments were garbled. I unplugged the board, but it no longer worked at all for a couple of hours. Then it partly came back after a factory reset, except that I have no LEDs, and now can no longer do a reset or upload a sketch from Arduino. Instead when uploading a sketch ) I get the error message:

"No upload port found, using /dev/ttyACM0 as fallback
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available
“/home/bb/.arduino15/packages/keyboardio/tools/dfu-util/0.11.0-arduino3/dfu-util” --device 0x3496:0x0005 -D “/tmp/arduino/sketches/5AB08D09357DFC46A9F7BA304F9AE928/Model01.ino.bin” -R
dfu-util 0.11

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2021 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 74"

I assume the error means that no upload port was located .Probably, it has malfunctioned.

Arduino IDE appears to be properly set up, and it’s not the USB cable.

I can still make key assignments with Chrysalis, so there are worse problems. However, Chrysalis is limited, especially with macros, and I would prefer to get the LEDs back.

Does anyone have any suggestions I might try? I think I’ve considered most of the obvious things, but maybe I missed some. Thanks!

Hi Bruce,

Bummer on your misconfig :frowning:

Did you put your keyboard in upload modus? Do you have general Arduino experience, outside of configuring your keyboard?

Yes to both. What’s strange is that some Kaleidescope binaries recognize the port, no problem.

1 Like

It looks like the issue is likely udev needing to be configured to grant access to the keyboard in bootloader mode. I’m in the process of updating Chrysalis to point folks in the right direction when there are connection issues.

1 Like