Problem compiling for virtual hardware

Facing a problem with a recent modification I made to my sketch and not knowing why it doesn’t work the way it should, I decided to compile it against the virtual hardware to use gdb to debug. But while compiling I get the following error:

18:18 [samjnaa desktop:~/bn/kbdio/Model01-Firmware] (shriramana *+) BOARD=virtual make
BOARD_HARDWARE_PATH="/home/samjnaa/bn/kbdio//hardware" /home/samjnaa/bn/kbdio//hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Kaleidoscope/bin//kaleidoscope-builder build-all
Building output/Model01-Firmware/Model01-Firmware (0.0.0-gv1.22-52-gc1d9-dirty) ...
/home/samjnaa/bn/kbdio/Model01-Firmware/Kaleidoscope-Qukeys/src/Kaleidoscope/Qukeys.cpp:22:10: fatal error: MultiReport/Keyboard.h: No such file or directory
 #include <MultiReport/Keyboard.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
/home/samjnaa/bn/kbdio//hardware/keyboardio/avr/build-tools/makefiles//rules.mk:72: recipe for target 'build-all' failed
make: *** [build-all] Error 1

Searching for the file Keyboard.h:

$ cd ..; find . -name Keyboard.h
./hardware/keyboardio/avr/bootloaders/caterina/lufa/Demos/Device/ClassDriver/Keyboard/Keyboard.h
./hardware/keyboardio/avr/bootloaders/caterina/lufa/Demos/Device/LowLevel/Keyboard/Keyboard.h
./hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/KeyboardioHID/src/MultiReport/Keyboard.h
./hardware/keyboardio/avr/libraries/Kaleidoscope-Hardware-Virtual/src/VirtualHID/Keyboard.h

Seems the file is there in the virtual hardware module as well, just not in the dir that Qukeys expects it to be! Please advise as to what I should do?

I’m pretty sure I followed the installation instructions correctly. My kbdio/Arduino tree listing just in case…