Share your layout

Just ordered mine (clicky) and am very excited. Jesse/Kaia (whichever answers emails) says new orders are probably going to ship around the end of the month. This is the preliminary version of the layout I’m going to go for. Needless to say, without a board, I can’t be sure this will be its final form.

I got rid of the numpad layer, as a layer, and moved the numpad down a row. I plan to do almost all my number typing on the numpad, so I don’t want to have to reach every time, nor take my fingers off the home row. that “num lock” on the ‘b’ key is a literal num lock button.

If I were planning to use the number key row as numbers, I’d probably shuffle them around. As it is, I might end up reassigning that row to their corresponding symbols, (as opposed to those of the programmer dvorak layout)

I’m thinking of adding all kinds of “modes”, or groups of related layers. I saw a good gaming layer somewhere on this forum. I’ll repurpose the num button as a mode button to switch between them. I’m thinking of “naming” them by a color and a single digit (e.g. “red 1”, “blue 3”), and coloring each row when picking. Then it only takes one press to pick from up to 30 or 40 modes.

The butterfly button is a compose key. I use a piece of software called Wincompose so I can use that functionality in Windows.

I might also eventually squeeze in F13-F24 for fun.