[SOLD] MP3 Model 01 Quiet Click for Sale (Europe)

Item: MP3 Quiet Click Model 01
Price: £200 + shipping
Condtion: Used for about 2 weeks, condition is pretty much exactly as I got it

I bought this from ebay, it was new and was just opened to make sure it didn’t have any issues. I used it for about 2 weeks, but I don’t think I’ll be able to get used to how hard the keyswitches are to press when compared to lighter Cherry MX switches like red or brown.

The cardboard box the keyboard comes in is a little beat up because of how it was shipped to me, but the keyboard itself and the accessories are in perfect condition.

Too bad that it doesn’t suite you , because this is a great keyboard.

Give it another try because the harder springs on the matias keys are actually more ergonomic than the mx brown and red ones, these have roughly the same activation force (~50cN).
I used to type on mx clear ergo which are the strongest/hardest mx switches (3 years,100cN). reason behind that is to prevent something called “bottom up”.
This means, if you push your key too fast/strong all the way down to the bottom you reflect an impulse back to your fingers which is a part of why people getting RSI.
Before I switched to MX clear I used a majesty touch 2 which has MX brown switches and I loved it. But I had some problems after massive typing. So I started investigating …
All my problems were gone once I started to use stronger springs.

I guess your mind is settled but I’m posting this to just give you another point of view

cheers

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. I suppose the force itself is just one aspect of the keyswitch, while Matias QC/Clicky have a similar bottom-out force to Cherry Brown/Red, the tactile bump on the Matias switches requires more force than their bottom-out, and the tactile bump itself is higher up on Matias.

I was glad that this keyboard had Matias switches because I had heard a lot of good things about them, but they just aren’t for me unfortunately. I do like a lot of things about the keyboard though, and I’m glad I got to try it. I’m going to get a split Cherry MX after this sells.