What does your RSI-helping setup look like?

I always wondered about putting the trackball in the center of split keyboards.I have RSI myself and have always wondered about the function of a mouse. Alas I can’t get rid of it entirely once I get a keyboardio due to my love for gaming, but the mouse placed in the center or off to the side creates your arm in an improper ergonomic position not disimilar to when we are typing on a conventional keyboard.

How does the mouse feel for your arms; did you have issues with your arms prior to the keyboardio with standard keyboards?

1 Like

Not really; my right wrist has always been a bit janky, but that’s due to an injury. I do find now that if I try using a normal mouse I feel very uncomfortable though, so maybe I just didn’t realize that I was in pain before.

It definitely doesn’t work well for gaming, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Great setup! I’d love to recreate it. Two questions:
1)What mounting platform are you using to hold the Kingston wireless trackball?
2) Do you continue to find this set up works well for you? Have you made any changes?

I love seeing everyone’s setup. Thanks for posting!

Hey, I’m really interested in replicating your setup. Could you please tell me what you’re using to hold your mouse up? I always wanted something like that but could never find it. Thank you so much!

The trackball is sitting on one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QPLSKZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I attached it to the desk with a magic arm. It’s not ideal - the clamps will always move a bit under load and adjusting takes a long time.
I should add - I actually don’t use this setup anymore - I have a standing desk now with a normal keyboard shelf. I found that actually getting the desk height absolutely correct was more important than the angle of the keyboards. But everyone’s different!

1 Like

Wonderful mouse! I did not have enough usb ports and for my travel set up I now carry this one which supports bluetooth. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LVJSX3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks to this thread I just finished my setup:

1 Like

Man, this thread has turned into something way cooler than I ever expected. Ya’ll have some great setups!

1 Like

Hi, that’s the setup that I would like to replicate. I might even buy the keyboard just so that I can have this setup (I don’t have Keyboardio yet). Could you tell me how you mounted the keyboard pieces onto the chair? Could you tell me where you purchased the mounts? Thank you very much.

Could you tell me how you mounted the keyboard pieces onto the chair?

Model01 comes with:

ISO-standard 1/4-20 camera tripod mount, which you can use to attach a wide variety of mounting gear to the bottom of your keyboard

So you can use almost any camera equipment with it. I went for the iFootage magic arm LT4- 5.5 (without the quick swap options) with their clamp as well in order to attach it to a chair. They are very price but I think it’s good quality. Since the photo was taken I’ve added extension rods as well as magic arms were a bit short.

I’ve been using this setup ever since the original post (tweaking the positions all the time :wink: ). In retrospect the biggest complaints that I have is that it is not wireless and lack of my trackball nearby.

A very late addition to this thread:

The most effective ergonomic replacement for a mouse that I’ve found is an artist tablet and stylus. the stylus is like holding a pen, and it does most of the movement rather than my hand.