A possible fix for wobbly stands

A quick loosen all around worked for me.

I am also having this issue, was going to email but will try the fix.

I wanted to add in that I have this same issue with mine. Both of my stands are wobbly and don’t sit quite flat.
My board was delivered Feb 28th.

I’ll probably give the screw thing a try and see if that helps.

very slight loosening of the central screw solved my issue

I’m the guy that took the photo shown in the newsletter - loosening the screws worked for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick report: Loosening the screws worked very well for one and somewhat well for the one of my stands that presented this issue.

1 Like

I can confirm that loosening some screws helped a big deal. On the other hand, I think I have one stand where one screw was so tight that the threading was completely broken. I noticed this after trying to loosen the screw which had no effect and, taking a closer look, I saw that the two halves of the stand/foot where actually coming apart. Trying to tighten the screw had no effect and I could keep turning and turning that screw driver without any resistance.

1 Like

@mannih - Drop email to help@keyboard.io so we can get you sorted out.

I just came around this old thread when looking for a solution for the wobbly stands issue. The untightening procedure described here worked perfectly for me. This again proves the value of a community forum and Keyboardio’s decision to let the M01 come with a screwdriver.

3 Likes

I actually thought it was just me bending things up by just the weight of my hand resting over time. I’m pretty lightweight though.

I’ll give this procedure a try next week, but interesting that this is still happening on new stands a year later (mine was shipped in April 19), I figured it might be a good to share.

EDIT: Fixed it for me. Sweet! Thanks for the video.

1 Like