Alt key led stuck on

not sure if this is an issue or if I’m just missing some feature I accidentally activated but my alt key is stuck on a white/pinkish led color(the same shade as when it or one of the other modifiers is held) and won’t change regardless of the led settings I apply and the issue persists even after unplugging/replugging the keyboard, doing a factory reset in chrysalis, and applying a firmware update. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem or how to fix?

You say it stays lit as if it’s being held, which suggests the ActiveModColor plugin might be involved. There’s a test mode you can activate which should make it clear whether it’s a software or hardware problem. More info here: Kaleidoscope-Model01-TestMode documentation?

On the other hand, I’ve had situations where host computer hangs somehow caused the keyboard to stop updating LEDs, so the USB bus misbehaving is a possibility.

Newer firmware also has serial port control enabled by default, so it’s remotely possible something on the host side is causing it to light up. I wouldn’t count on this being the reason though.