Custom Mounts - What are your ideas?

I’ve been using this setup for the past several years:

It’s a heavily modified office chair with swiveling arms that each hold a Kinesis. My RSI seems to have been largely related to pronating my arms, so this has been a godsend. But it’s also meant that I can’t use a standing desk, and (more importantly) I can’t really do a lot of typing outside of this chair.

So with the Model 01, I’ve been thinking about solutions that will let me mount the keyboard halves directly to a desk. My first attempt involved trying clamps from Arkon and Pedco; I tried them both with a Model 01 that a friend has already received, and the Arkon mounts seem plausible:

(The Pedco clamps seem to have a design flaw: the adjustment knob unscrews when trying to loosen the clamp.)

I’ve also picked up a few random parts for experimenting - two of these locking ball mounts, a spigot adapter, and a collection of male-male adapters. I don’t have my friend’s keyboard to experiment with anymore, so I haven’t actually hooked these up, but it looks like it’ll give me about 5" of spacing between the two (vertically oriented) halves while providing good adjustability. I haven’t figured out what to use to connect it to anything yet, though.

11 Likes