Hi - my Model 01 came a couple days ago (from Hong Kong to Japan without incident), and I’m just getting started learning what it can do. I’d appreciate some guidance:
- Sometimes hardware firmware is some kind of
.binhex file, separated from a settings file. However, the
.inofiles I’m seeing seem to be both firmware and settings. Is that the case?
- In Chrysalis I see that I can load two versions of the firmware - a basic one and a more advanced (the sw might have called it “experimental”) one with more plugins available. With the advanced one loaded, I can see when mapping keys, I can select this or that plugin. However, I’m also seeing that use of many plugins needs code, like you can see with @algernon’s example for TapDance in this thread. Does that mean even though something is available for selection in Chrysalis, that it might not work?
- When I make a mapping change in Chrysalis, it appears to be saving in EEPROM. Is that the case? If so, how do I back that up…?
- It appears that in layers, keys that are marked as “transparent” are passed through to another layer. What’s the rule: are they being passed to the default, or, to the previous one in the list, i.e. 5 passes to 4, 4 passes to 3?
Also I observed:
- At least on macOS, it appears you can’t have the Arduino app and Chrysalis open and working on the same 'board. It causes trouble because it appears one or the other is grabbing the COM port.
Appreciate any help or advice, thanks!