Is there a way for custom key colors, when defined, to override the pre-programmed themes?

I received my Model 100 a few days ago (and it’s gorgeous) and have been working on getting it set up and configured. I’ve made a lot of progress towards a layout that seems like it’s going to work great, but there’s one thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet, to wit:

Many of my layers have a few keys with custom colors defined, but most of them are default/black. I’d love to be able to use the LED control next/previous to have the default be that keys light up according to the selected program, except for where I’ve defined custom colors, for which those colors should always be illuminated (according to the active layer(s)).

(It was actually a little while before I realized that “show my colors” seemed to be one of the LED states—until then, I thought I was doing something wrong in how I was specifying the colors.)

There is currently no way to do that. I’ve had an attempt at making them stackable, like layers, but that turned out to be very resource hungry, both in terms of memory and CPU use. This was a couple of years back, mind you, and both the firmware and I improved since. It’s certainly something that would be nice to have, and something I will have another attempt at in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

2 Likes