Keycaps shipping soon?

Hey Keyboardio peeps. Any update on when replacement keycap sets will ship? Thanks!

The most recent updates seem to be on their twitter feed; https://twitter.com/keyboardio/status/1032079196003098624 indicates that the preordered black and QWERTY caps have shipped and half of the unpainted ones have.

Thatā€™s correct. QWERTY, Black and half of the unpainted sets went out a week or two ago via Airmail from China. They donā€™t have tracking, but are insured, so weā€™ll be able to get replacements if they vanish in the mail. More on this will be in the backer update Iā€™m currently procrastinating writing.

The status from the factory has been ā€œShipping in a couple weeksā€ sinceā€¦January. You have no idea how maddening this is.

8 Likes

Thanks Fluffy and Jesse. I got annoyed with Twitter a few years back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! Is it still possible to pre-order keycaps?

Once theyā€™re in stock, theyā€™ll be available for ā€˜regularā€™ purchase from shop.keyboard.io

Awesome!

Any chance the new travel cases will be ready at nearly the same time?

At this point, Iā€™ve learned not to speculate on ship dates, wherever possible.

3 Likes

Oh wow, has it really been 6mo since I received my Model 1?
(Sort of OT I guess. :slight_smile: Hope my extra keycaps make it in before xmas. :slight_smile: )

Love to see photos of the blank keycaps if anyone receives them! Looking forward to my blanks and clearsā€¦

The report from the factory is that all the Black, Unpainted, QWERTY and Linear A keycap sets have now been sent to the shipping agent.

5 Likes

Any update on shipping? Also, I donā€™t see keycaps for sale on the site.

The most recent update is still what I posted above. As soon as we have more detail, I promise Iā€™ll tell you.

FWIW I still have not received my two sets of unpainted keycaps here in Toronto. No communication from a shipping agent either. Cheers.

I think the postal strike is still on-going in Toronto, which might be delaying things (I also live there & havenā€™t heard anything yet).

Nothing in Hungary either. As far as I know, no keycaps arrived yet. Which must be super frustrating to everyone involved.

I believe the best course of action at the moment is to wait it out, weā€™ll have an update as soon as there are any news. We always had quick updates shared on Twitter, I donā€™t think thisā€™ll be any different either.

4 Likes