How to adjust your hands and brain to Atreus - any advice for newbies?

I don’t consider those frequently used shortcuts :sweat_smile:

Thankfully there is no good way to use thore shortcuts on a regular keyboard either unless you move your hand which basicly negates the idea of an ergomech.

You could try rearanging the keys but I doubt you will find a comfortable combination. If you really wanted to use those combinations I would recommend using macros and binding them to a custom key combo, this would require you to write a custom firmware since macros can’t be created from Chrysalis.

But as an example of the bindings, you could creat a new layer which you switch to while holding down space and setup something like this;

• e - home
  • d - end
  • s - ctrl + alt + left
  • a - cmd + alt + left
  • f - …
  • g -…

I personally have the inner thumb keys (originaly the ctrl and alt key) to behave as home and end when tapped.

I’d recommend taking a look at the getting started section, there are some excellent guides to get you going and also take a look at the plugin directory on github, Chrysalis only allows you to use a mall subset off all the available plugins.

Here are some links to get srtarted;

And here is my post in regards to my first time flashing the Atreus, I ran into some isseus I had to figure out;

1 Like