I broke my keyboard. Help plz

The horse has bolted of course, still you may benefit with half your connection and others may stumble upon this thread.

After reading about magnetic USB-C-connectors, I ordered a couple to prevent wear on the USB port. I use my Model-01 at work and at home, so it sees quite a few (dis)connects.

I have, after a year and a half, just gone through the first of those connectors. The glue connecting the magnet to the wire-head disconnected, the connector still works and I imagine it is easily repaired with a drop of glue.

Mine are labelled ‘Essager’. When selecting a cable over on Aliexpress, I spend days comparing one and another. In the end I found out the mechanism is simple, and I think you could order any of them, as long as it has data lines as well as charging wires.

I mention it, because I can’t imagine bending the on-board connector if the USB-C-connector is attached magnetically only.

-edit- Forgot to mention, the on-board USB-connector has hardly seen any wear, and works without a flaw :wink:

1 Like